Tuesday, February 9, 2010

When I left her…

POEM 5 ( To my mother)
[This is for all the people whose near and dear ones are in far off lands.]
Title: When I left her…

The tears rolled down fast
Fast down her cheeks
Her hair hung loose flying, in the air
As she stood there,
With a lost look in her eyes
One full of hope and despair
As darkness shrouded us …

The wheels screeched, and feet moved
And the whole world seemed to roll
While the earth moved beneath my feet
T’was our souls that stood still…

Was it fate that moved me that day
Or was it fate itself that moved
There’s no way to tell
There no way to know…

There was no time to turn around
To catch a glimpse of the face
That would soon disappear
Disappear, down memory lane …

All that was left of that day
Is the tears
The tears, that roll down everyday
To this day, to this time…

For only, I could turn around
Hold her in my arms and hug her
Never to leave her anymore
Never to leave her, anymore …

Oh! But a prey to time’s plot
We all forever get lost.
Be it, a mom from her child
Be it, the body from a soul …

While the storms rage outside my windows
And the flames of candles that stir
Stir, the stillness in my room
My sole companion (one’s reflections) laughs and jeers
Jeers at me, while I cry …

And as time fleets by,
The waves of warmth and sweet memories toss me,
Toss me, only to be lashed against the rocks of reality
A reality, so jagged and so cold …

As I lay on my bed
Sapped off my strength
And watch the birds of the air turn to their nests
I can hear my soul pace around
Pace around, in hope

A hope,
That the paths we tread,
And many a tree that we touch,
Someday,
Will tell our little stories
And sing our little songs …

No comments:

Post a Comment